The more I learn and use herbs and clay, the more impressed I am with their ability to heal. It seems quite strange to use weeds that most people are spraying and digging up because they think of them as a nuisance. Or mud that seems dead or messy. But each one has very special properties that trigger specific positive reactions in the body that can heal in a very short time.
Each weed has it's own magical properties just as each clay has it's own healing minerals and trace minerals. Using them on myself and my family I have seen the various ways in which they help us.
Sores, bruises, digestion, skin disorders, internal disorders, organs, blood, muscles, lymph , removing toxins ,etc etc. All can be cured by helping our body with these amazing tools.
Examples include: Milk Thistle, Dandelion, Calendula, and Stinging Nettle to name but a few.
Back in history, many women and men in different places and cultures around the world knew of these herbs and clays . Unfortunately as modern man "progressed" most of us have lost touch with this knowledge. But there are still those who use the herbs and clays to heal others and pass on their knowledge to us. Many books have been written. All we have to do is read them or take an herb walk with someone knowledgeable in local wild plants. As it is, we need herbs and clays to return to the health we once had. So many people are sick and modern medicine is always telling us we need synthetic drugs or big machines to heal us. The truth is that our bodies are able to self heal. They just need to be given the right tools to do so. Healthy whole foods, herbs, clay, sunlight, excercise , detox in various forms, and positive thoughts. It is said God provides the cure before he makes the disease. This means, if we look to nature, we'll find the answer was always there.
This is a small list that I made for myself to have on hand. For dosages and more specific uses, read books and talk to an herbalist. I've chosen these from my favorite books and from my experience with many of them. This is not all there is. There are so many herbs out there, but I have chosen my favorites. This is just a reminder that these things are out there and close at hand. Many times for free!
1. Mallow (Marshmallow) (Malva): Root and leaves. Infusion, tea, foot bath, poultice. Inflammation of mucous membranes, allergies, wounds, larynx disorders
2. Shepherd's Purse( Capsella bursa-pastoris): Infusion, Bath, tincture. Stops bleeding from wounds, hemorrhoids, kidneys, uterus etc. muscular atrophy including sphincters, prolapses
3. Yarrow (Achillea millefolium): Tea, tincture, bath , ointment. For women. Menopause, menstruation, abdominal disorders of all kinds, bedwetting, lung disorders, blood cleansing/renewal, bone marrow disorders, head congestion
4. Olive leaf (Olea europaea): Leaves , bark. Tincture, tea, oil, dried. Increased Energy, blood pressure, boots immune system, cardiovascular, lowers fevers, colds, flu, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasite, candida infections, meningitis, Epstein-Barr virus, herpes, HIV, chronic fatigue, hepatitis B pneumonia, tuberclosis, gonorrhea, malaria, diarrhea, dental, ear urinary tract and surgical infections, psoriasis, heart beat irregularities, diminished cravings, less pain from hemorrhoids, achy joints , prevents disease.
5. Eucalyptus (E. globulus): Leaves. Essential oil, tea, oil . Diuretic, anti-diabetic, anti-tumor, mucous congestion, bronchial, respiratory problems, colds, flu, bruises, sprains, muscular pains, wounds, aromatherapy, asthma, herpes blisters, insecticide, anti-bacterial, oral health, relaxes muscles and spasms, reduces inflammation, increases blood flow, lowers blood sugar, supports immune system.
6. Wild mustard (Sinapis arvensis): Seeds, leaves. Poultice, tea, oil. Skin, increases blood circulation, opens blood vessels to draw out toxins, increases appetite, digestive weakness, strengthens metabolism, helps rheumatic neuralgic pain, chest colds, headaches, clears sinuses through inhalation,
7. Moringa (M. oleifera): Tea, oil .Leaves, flowers, seeds. Prevents disease, anti-inflammatory , skin, digestive disorders, packed with nutrients, free radicals, antioxidants, diabetes, lowers blood sugar, cholesterol, heart and artery healthy, brain, liver, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, wounds, clots, headaches, kidney stones, allergies, joint pain, cancer, ulcers, thyroid, sex drive, parasites
8. Chrysanthemum (Dendranthema grandiflora): Tea. flowers, leaves. Increases immunity power, teeth, bones, eyes, hearth, blood pressure, gums, headache, skin, liver, detoxifying, nerves, brain, respiratory, digestion
9. Ginseng: Root (Panax): Stress, boosts immune system, anti-oxidant, anti- inflammatory, heart, mental health, diabetes, cancer, calms, colds, ADHD, neurodegenerative diseases (Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Huntington's ,multiple sclerosis), erectile dysfunction, menopause
10. Ginger (Zingiber officinale): Root. Tea, juice. Nausea, indigestion , chills, colds, poor circulation , menstrual cramps, bloating, gastrointestinal problems, circulation, blood pressure, blood thinner, anti-inflammatory, joints, arthritis, fevers, headaches, toothaches, coughs, cholesterol, anti-blood clotting ,liver, cancer , lymph, detoxifying, constipation
11. Ramsons (Allium ursinum): Fresh juice, Syrup, tincture. Similar to garlic. Cleans system, skin disorders, memory, clearing arteries, diarrhea, flatulence, constipation, worms, heart, sleeplessness, high blood pressure, anxiety, headaches, dizziness, phlegm, shortness of breath, dropsy, consumption, cleanses kidney, stomach, bladder, wounds, intestines, cleanses blood, herpes, eczema, scrofula, rheumatism
12. Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale): Leaves, root. Tea, Infusion, tincture. Liver , gallbladder disorders, purifies the blood, eczema, skin , immune and lymphatic systems, infections, fever, anti-cancer, swollen lymph glands, high blood pressure, cholesterol, strengthens digestive system, skin,
13. Calendula (C.officinalis): Infusion, baths, tincture, ointment. Cancer, growths, ulcers, scars, bruises, athlete's foot, wounds, circulation, fungus, scabs, warts, worms, liver , cleanses the blood,
14. Cowslip (Primula officinalis): Leaves, Roots. Tea, infusion. Nervous disorder, insomnia, heart, nerves, blood cleansing, gout , rheumatic illnesses, migraine headaches, heart inflammation, dropsy, stroke, kidneys, bladder stones,
15. Chickweed (Stellaria media): Tincture, infusion, bath, Poultice, ointment, Salad. Infections, wounds (internal and external), cuts, sores, rashes, trauma, inflammation, swelling, thyroid balancer, neutralizes toxins, dissolves warts/ growths/ cysts, helps absorption of vitamins and minerals
16. Speedwell (Veronica officinalis): Infusion, tincture, juice, tea. High cholesterol, cleanses blood, eczema, stomach and intestinal disorders, bronchitis, nervousness, mental over exertion, memory, dizziness, weak nerves, depression, Jaundice, gravel in the bladder, rheumatism, gout, liver and spleen disorders, skin, eczema, inflamed non-healing wounds, clogged arteries, purifies blood
17. Comfrey leaves/Root (Symphytom officinale): Leaf or root tea, bath ,Infusion, Root tincture, ointment. Swelling of joints, sprain, shock, heals bones: injuries, breaks, painful, stomach ulcers
18. Common Club Moss (Lycopodium clavatum): Infusion, pillow, tea, bath. Gout, rheumatism, joints, constipation, urinary and reproductive complaints and inflammation , hardening of the liver, shortness of breath, cramps , high blood pressure, sores. bedsores
19. Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica) : Tea, bath, tincture. Eczema, headaches, blood cleansing/building, helps with elimination, kidneys/ stomach/ lung/ spleen/ intestinal disorders
20. Yellow Dead Nettle (Lamium galeobdolon): Infusion, compress, bath, tea. Leaves and flowers. Abdominal complaints, female troubles, cleanses blood, sleeplessness, bladder, kidney, heart fluid retention, digestive troubles, scrofula, skin rashes, ulcers, varicose veins
21. Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria): Tea, bath , infusion or ointment for Inflammation of throat and mouth, spleen or liver disorders, wounds, sores, varicose veins, heart, stomach, lungs, kidney, bladder
22. Lavender (Lavendula): Flowers, leaves. Tea, essential oil, tincture. Relieves anxiety and stress, insomnia, anti-inflammatory, skin care, antiseptic, hair health, anti-bacterial, digestive and heart issues, burns, wounds, acne, slows aging, headaches, balances blood sugar, anti-oxidant, improves mood, supports brain, dandruff, bloating
23. Horsetail (Equisetum arvense): Infusion, bath, tincture, compress. Kidney disorders, bedwetting, inflammation of mucous membranes, sweaty feet, dandruff, stops bleeding, hemorrhoids, tumors, stomach/ liver/ heart pains
24. Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmus rubra): Tea, tincture, poultice, infusion. Digestion, IBS, weight loss, stess, breast cancer, psoriasis, colds, mouth, throat, sore eyes, wounds,
25. St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum): Oil, infusion, bath, tincture. Stems, leaves, flowers. Wounds, pain, anti-inflammatory, keeps animals disease free, injuries, nervousness, nerves, sleeplessness, speech disorders, bedwetting, depression, menstruation , contusions, glandular swellings, lumbago, sore backs, burns, rheumatism, sunburn, abdominal pain, lymph,
26. Coltsfoot (Tussilago farfara): Infusion, poultice, foot bath, inhalation, syrup, fresh juice. Leaves, flowers. Anti-inflammatory, bronchitis, lungs, cough, pneumonia, bruises, sores, shortness of breath, swollen feet, asthma, earache,
27. Helichrysum (Helichrysum): Oil, essential oil, ointment. flowers and leaves. Trauma, scars, asthma, bruises, skin, liver, metabolism, inflammation, anti-oxidant, free radical , heals wounds, infections, heart health, respiratory problems, nervous and digestive problems, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, cough, acne, allergies, constipation, indigestion, gallbladder, candida, insomnia, stomachaches, bloating, high blood pressure, hemorrhoids, relieves pain, calming
28. Golden Rod (Solidago virgaurea): Infusion, tea. Flowers, leaves. Intestinal bleeding, kidneys, bladder, cooling, calming, soothing effect, emotional shock and stress,
29. Aloe Vera (A. vera): Gel. Mouth, gums, skin, face, pain reliever, breast cancer, sunburn, burns, wounds (inside and out), alkalinity, prevents dehydration and constipation, detoxifying, maintains healthy gut flora, full of nutrients, B12, heartburn, regulates intestinal disorders, beauty, antiseptic, insect bites/stings, rashes, warts, hair, lower blood sugar
30. Oats/Oatstraw (Avena sativa): Bath, Infusion, tincture, Food. Sexual tonic, restores, clears, strengthens, nourishes bodily functions, adrenals, hair, skin, energy, pains, distress, irritations
31. Violet (Viola): Root , flowers and leaves. Root and leaf poultice, tincture. Leaves and Blossoms for tea and infusion and salad. Blossoms for lotion. Breasts, cancer of organs, nourishment, calms the head for headache, restlessness, hangover., congestion, inflamed throat, breathing, wounds, burns, broken bones, and mouth sores
.32. Calamus/Sweet flag (Acorus calamus): Infusion, tea, fresh juice, bath. Roots. Digestive / gastro-intestinal system, dispels mucus, flatulence, helps indigestibility of grain, cleanses, helps smokers break the habit, kidney disorders, chilblains, cold hands and feet, balances acid in the stomach, intestinal ulcers, diarrhea, 33. Thyme (Thymus serpyllum): Infusion, bath, tea, tincture, oil, pillow, syrup. Leaves. Urine, menstruation, miscarriages, birth, paralysis, nervous complaints, coffee replacement, facial neuralgia, typhoid fever, stroke, multiple sclerosis, muscular atrophy, rheumatism, sprains, stomach, abdominal cramps, swellings, contusions , respiratory, lungs, coughing, pneumonia, bronchitis, emphysema, strengthens limbs, nervousness, depression, alcoholism, epileptic fits,
34. Oregano (Origanum vulgare): Oil, essential oil, food. Leaves. Anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal. respiratory, colds, reduces toxins, anti-oxidants, fights cancer, phlegm, acne, muscle pain, toothache, headaches, heart, allergies, parasites, fatigue, repels insects, menstrual cramps, earache, bloating, dandruff, athlete's foot, kills MRSA
35. Greater Celandine (Chelidonium majus): Infusion, fresh juice, tincture. Leaves, stems, flowers. Stimulates and purifies blood, liver, gallbladder, kidney, Jaundice, hemorrhoids, warts, herpes, cataracts, skin growths, skin cancer, eyesight,
36. Corn Silk (Zea mays): Tea, infusion. Diuretic, weight-reducer, stones, fluid in heart, swelling, rheumatism renal colic, gout
37. Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum): Ground or soaked Seeds, Tea. Liver, detoxifying, cell regenerating, digestive function, enzyme formation, bile production, inflammation, mucous membranes, free radicals, antioxidants, heavy metals, high cholesterol, diabetes, gallbladder and kidney stones, skin.
38. Rosemary (Rosmarinus officnalis): Leaves. Oil, essential oil, . Anti-aging, memory, blood circulation, breath, mood, stress, bowel movements, headaches, stomach, pain relief, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, organs, skin, bones, eyes, prevents lung and mouth cancers,
39. Camomile (Matricaria chamomilla): Tea, infusion, bath, ointment. Stomach or intestinal disorders, flatulence, abdominal disorders, inflammation of testicles, toothache ,inflamed eyes, nervous system, fever reducing, colds, headaches
40. Plantain (Plantago lanceolata): Syrup, tea, poultice, infusion. Leaves, roots, flowers, seeds. Respiratory organs, phlegm in the lungs, cleanses the blood, weak lungs, kidneys, eczema, herpes, coughs, weak children, asthma, liver and bladder disorders, stones, wounds, cuts, wounds, stings, bites, goitre, blisters , growths, glandular disorders, thrombosis
41. Walnut (Juglans regia): Infusion, bath tincture. Leaves, unripe nuts, hulls. Cleanses blood, liver and stomach, blood thinner, diabetes, intestinal disorders, constipation, finger and toe nails, scrofula, bone swellings, cradle cap, scabs, acne, eczema, sweaty feet, childblains, hair loss, head lice, repels insects,
42. Wood Sorrel (Oxalis acetosella): Infusion, tea, fresh juice .Leaves, flowers. Relieves stomach, liver and heartburn, Jaundice, eczema, worms, nephritis, early stage stomach cancer, ulcers and growths( internal and external), Parkinson's Disease
43. Sage (Salvia officinalis): Infusion, Bath, Vinegar. Strengthens the body to prevent stroke and paralysis, cramps, spinal/ glandular/limb disorders, healthy teeth and gums , flatulence and phlegm, insect stings, mouth and throat
44. Golden Seal (Hydrastis canadensis): Root. Tea, tincture, infusion. Digestive, encourages bile secretion, SIBO, diarrhea, constipation, hemorrhoids, intestinal gas, inhibits H.pylori, ulcers, stomach cancer, natural antibiotic, boots immune system, allergies, colds, flu, boots white blood cells, bronchitis, urinary tract infections, heart health, eye, mouth and skin infections, respiratory infections , allergies, cancer, anti-bacterial, paired with echinacea
45. Echinacea (Echinacea): Flowers, leaves, roots. Cancer, colds, boosts the immune system, relieves pain, laxative, anti-inflammatory, ADHD, 46. Ashwaganda (Withania somnifera): Leaves, Root. Poultice, Stress, fatigue, lack of energy, concentration, blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, anti-inflammatory, sexual potency, thyroid, prevent cancer, adrenal, boost immunity , balances hormones, mood enhancing, menopause, memory, wounds, sores
47. Red Clover (Trifolium pratense): Menopause, breast health, PMS, cholesterol, circulation of blood, prevents osteoporosis, blood clots, arterial plaque, prostate, helpful in quitting smoking
48. Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare): Bulbs, stalk, leaves, seeds . Tea, poultice, food, essential oil. Anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, antioxidant, immune support, prevents arthritis, supports heart and colon health, lowers blood pressure, congestion, increases breast milk, snake bites, food poisoning, sore throat, zaps free radicals, helps with digestion, stomach relief
49. Catnip (Nepeta cataria): Leaves, flowers. Tea, juice, infusion. Gentle for children, stomach aches, headaches, sleeplessness, nervousness, supports menstrual cycle, pain, relaxes, bruises, supports healthy skin, strengthens, insect repellant
50. Tumeric (Curcuma longa): Root. Detoxification, kidney, brain, blood sugar balance, arthritis, anti-inflammatory, prevent cancer , digestive problems, anti-oxidant, free radicals, prevent heart disease, prevent Alzheimer's, depression, anti-aging,
51. Rasberry leaf (Rubus idaeus): Leaves. Tea, infusion. PMS, help to conceive, energy, anemia, leg cramps, diarrhea, morning sickness, cold sores, canker sores, pregnancy
52. Hawthorn (Crataegus): Leaf, berry. Tea, infusion. Strengthens heart and cardiovascular system , high cholesterol, high blood pressure
53. Lady's Mantel (Alchermilla vulgaris): Infusion, bath, poultice. Menstrual disorders, menopause, sores, wounds, fever, muscle weakness, after teeth removal, anemia, strengthens uterus, epilepsy, hernia, inflammations of abdomen, stings, cuts, restless nights, obesity, heart muscle
54.Small Flowered Willow herb (Epilobium parviflorum): Tea, infusion. Stems, leaves, flowers. Prostate gland, bladder and kidney disorders, including cancers of these organs
55.Small Swedish Bitters: (Aloe, Myrrh, saffron, senna leaves, natural camphor, rhubarb roots ,zedvoary roots, manna, theriac venezian, carline thistle roots, angelica roots). Tea, compress, infusion, tincture. Typhoid fever, scars, wounds, cuts, headaches, pneumonia, sinusitis, stiffness, crippling of hands, legs, joints, swelling, insect bites, bruises, painful areas, gallbladder, hearing, epileptic fits, head injuries, eyesight, energy, arthritis, warts, moles, liver spots, hemorrhoids, memory, pancreas, indigestion, liver, kidney , dizziness, intestinal disorders, asthma, wounds, weak muscles, inflammation, gas, birth, fever,
56. Burdock (Arctium): Seed, root, leaves. Tincture, tea, infusion, oil, poultice. Beauty, skin, hair, fever, eczema, joints, gout, acne, kidney, bladder, wounds, sprains, swelling, rash, burns, anti-fungal, parasites, headaches, varicose veins, inflammation, soothes liver , intestinal and stomach irritations, eases cough, breaks down chemical , toxins , poisons and metals, liver, immune strengthening, diabetes, encourages, perspiration, birth
57. Butterbur (Petasites officialis): Infusion. Leaves. Fever reducing, encourages perspiration, shortness of breath, epilepsy, gout
58. Yellow Dock (Rumex crispus): Root. Tea, tincture, poultice. Blood purifier, detoxifier , stimulates bile production, helps with digestion of fats, stimulates bowel movement, increases urination to assist in toxin elimination, antioxidant, liver, skin conditions, anemia,
59.Valerian (Valeriana offcinalis): Root. Tea, tincture, essential oil. Anti-anxiety, insomnia, nervousness, lowers blood pressure, eases menstrual cramps, muscle relaxer,
60. Mullein (Verbascum sinuatum): Leaves, flowers, roots. Oil, tea, poultice, Anti-inflammatory, diarrhea, asthma, coughs, children's earaches, respiratory infections, bruises, burns, hemorrhoids, gout. soothes mucous membranes, internal and external infections, anti-bacterial
61. Borage (Borago officinalis): Leaves, flowers. Honey, tea. infusion, tincture, oil, poultice. Inflammation, pain reliever, moisturizing to skin, menopausal and PMS symptoms, respiratory disorders, reduces stress, high blood pressure, essential fatty acids, calms,
62. Blue Cohosh (Caulophyllum thalictroides): Root. Tincture. Uterus, contraceptive, menstrual symptoms, post pregnancy, miscarriage, abortion, pre-birth, birth,
63. Black Cohosh (Actaea racemosa): Root. Tincture. Menopausal and PMS symptoms, induce labor, hormone balancer,
64. Couch Grass (Elymus repens): Rhizome, seeds, roots. Tea, juice, poultice, decoction, tincture. Urinary infections, sore throat, clears phlegm, kills worms in children, constipation, enhance urine flow, kidney stones, liver, kidney, gallbladder, prostrate, gout, wounds, jaundice,
65. Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria): Flowers, leaves .Tea, Tincture, sweetner. Diarrhea, ulcers, pain, congestion, stomachaches, fevers, gout, colds, flu, arthritis.
66. Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis): Leaves, flowers, everything above the root. Tincture, tea, eye drops. Eye problems, respiratory, anti-inflammatory, wounds,
67. Vervain (Verbena officinalis): Leaves, flowers. Tea. Relaxing, insomnia, increases urination, improve liver and gallbladder, stimulate breast milk, menstruation, helps in digestion, oral health, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, skin, kidney stones, detoxifying
68. Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis): Flowers , leaves. Essential oil, tea, oil. Disinfectant, minor infections, anti-spasmodic, antiseptic, pain, fatigue, lowers body temp, skin problems, bites, rashes, stimulates digestive, nervous, endocrine ,circulatory and excretory systems, respiratory, menstrual, intestinal, asthma, colds, sore throats, fights parasites, infections, heals deep cuts, acne, hemorrhoids, relieves muscle pain, anti-inflammatory, immune system,
69. Witch Hazel (Hamamelis): Bark, twigs, leaves. Tincture, tea, oil. Healthy skin care, bites , excess sweating, varicose veins, swelling, sores, sun damage, hemorrhoids, allergic reactions, razor burn, cracked or blistered skin, irritated scalp, mucous membrane inflammation, eczema, toothaches, coughs, ear infections, sore throat, anti-oxidant, anti- bacterial, hair, teeth,
70. Bedstraw (Galium verum): Infusion, fresh juice, ointment, tea. Leaves, Liver, kidney, pancreas, lymphatic system, anemia, skin disorders, wounds, boils and black-heads, tightens skin, epilepsy, hysteria, nervous complaints, urine, gravel, stones, goitre, thyroid, vocal chords, uterus, tongue cancer,
71.Mistletoe (Viscum album): Tincture, infusion, juice, tea, ointment. Leaves, twigs. Epilepsy, cramps, chilblains, glandular system , metabolism, pancreas, hormonal disorders, hardening of the arteries, stops bleeding, heart and circulatory complaints, evens blood pressure, dizziness, visual defects, energy, menopause, women, barrenness, prevents cancer, cleanses body,
72. Linden Flowers (Tilia): Flowers. Tea, bath , compress, oil. Calming, relaxing, colds, cough, nervousness, digestion, irritated membranes , anxiety, improves immune system, prevents cancers, lowers blood pressure , free radicals, induces sweating, headaches, arthritis, gout, inflammation, ulcers, diarrhea, flatulence, IBS, Kidney function, blood vessel, skin, epilepsy, insomnia, tension, restless children, muscle tension, menstrual cramps, colic, cramping, palpitations, coronary heart disease, blocked nasal passages, eye infections
73. Maca (Lepidium meyenii): Root. Immune booster, hormone balancer, increases energy, stamia, improves sexual function, memory, mood, focus, adaptogen, aphrodisiac and fertility, nutrient dense, women's health, men's health, antioxidant, skin
74. Camu Camu (Myrciaria dubia) : Berry. Packed with Vit C, inflammation, mouth health, eye health, hearth health, mood, antioxidant , immune booster, liver, mood, anti-aging, herpes viruses, anti -viral, supports nervous system and brain
75. Noni (Morinda citrifolia) : Fruit, leaves, seeds. Oil, juice, poultice, powder. Joint, skin, heart, diabetes, inflammation, boosts immunity, reduce cholesterol, cellular repair, anti-parasitic, fights tumor pain, antioxidant , bruises, sprains, worms, respiratory disorders, stabilizes blood sugar, rheumatic pain, ulcers, gout, cough and colds, ringworm, nervous system, arthritis, skin, energy levels, body weakness, immune system, wounds, anti-cancer
76. Blood root (Potentilla tormentialla)Sanguinaria canadensis): Root. Salve. Heart weakness, growths , warts, ulcers, bronchitis, eczema, ringworm, anti-cancers , toxic if not taken correctly
77. Purslane (Portulaca oleracea): Leaves, stems, flower and seeds. Cooked or raw , juiced, pickled. Omega 3(ALA, DHA, EPA), strengthens immune system, heart health, anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, nourishes skin, mucous membranes and eyes, circulatory system, gastrointestinal diseases, anti-cancer, strong bones, eye health, brain development, skin, bites, stings, . Warning: contains oxalic acid, avoid raw if you have kidney stones
78. Goji (Lycium barbarum): Berries,. Kidney , liver, lowers cholesterol, blood pressure, cleanses blood, eye problems, skin , psoriasis, depression, allergies, insomnia, energy levels, strengthens immune function, hair color, gum health, long life/anti-aging, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory , anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
79. Wormwood (Artemisia arborescens): Leaves. Tea, tincture. Worms, parasites, anti-malarial, anti-cancer, antifungal, anti-bacterial, treats intestinal disorders (Crohn's, SIBO), digestion, stomach, Warning: Do not take while pregnant or nursing or if there is a history of epilepsy or seizures. Always take in small doses and for short periods of time.
80. Elder (Sambucus nigra): Flower, berry. Lower cholesterol, boosts immune system, improve heart health, coughs, colds, flu, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, antioxidant, yeast infections, congestion, hay fever, cancer, AIDS, pain, inflammation, allergies, constipation, chronic fatigue, lowers blood sugar, diuretic, skin, wounds. digestion, weight loss. Warning: most varieties of elderberry are poisonous when not cooked. May cause allergic reactions. Do not take if pregnant or nursing .
81. Cat's Claw (Uncaria tomentosa): Bark, roots. Tea, tincture, powder. Digestive complaints (Crohn's Disease , leaky gut syndrome, etc), arthritis, wounds , stomach problems, cancer, stimulates immune system, rid body of free radicals, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, stregthen healthy cells, anti-inflammatory, AIDS, gout, intestinal support, DNA repair, anti-tumor, anti-fungal, relieve chronic pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, asthma, antioxidant, high blood pressure, herpes
82. Arnica (Arnica montana): Flowers.Ointment, tincture, oil, taken externally or as a homeopathic remedy , compress, poultice. Muscle aches, arthritis, first aid, reduces inflammation, wounds, injuries, sprains, bruises, insect bites, swelling from broken bones, headaches, shock , burns, childbirth, mental burnout, and jet lag. Warning; not to be taken orally, do not take for long periods of time, do not take if pregnant or nursing, not to be used on broken skin, may cause allergic reaction, if so , stop use .
83. Ground Ivy (Glechoma hederacea): Leaves, stems, flowers. Tea, juice, poultice, compress, bath. Relieves mucus membranes and congestion, colds, anti-inflammatory, tinnitus, digestive stimulant, irregular menstruation, jaundice, cramps, lungs, intestinal gas, asthma, fever, scurvy, cure conditions like lead poisoning, expels mucous, diarrhea, kidney ailments, liver, relieves kidney and bladder stones, back problems, calming, softens skin diseases, wounds, ulcers, anti-allergenic, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, sore throats, bronchitis, glue ear, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, arthritis, cancer preventive, stimulates immune system, anti-spasmodic, spring tonic, cuts, bites.
84. Skullcap (American) (Scutelleria lateriflora): Leaves. Tea, tincture, infusion. Reduce anxiety and stress, soothes nervous system, treats diabetes, weight loss, throat infections, prevents certain cancers, lowers inflammation balances hormones, balances mood, pain relief, bruises, wounds, skin, seizures and epilepsy ,nervousness, mental overwork, cardiac disorders from nervous causes, relieves cramps and relaxes body, sleeplessness, calms overactive mind, nervous system, liver health, diabetes, heart health, reduces cholesterol, strengthens digestive system, insomnia, neuralgia, headache relief, ADD, hysteria, anti-inflammatory ,antispasmodic, anticonvulsant, anti-bacterial, anti-tumor, antioxidant, mental disorders, lessens severity of drug or alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Warning: Make sure you buy it from a trusted source, take only appropriate doses
85. Mint (Mentha): Leaves. Tea, oil, tincture, bath, infusion. ( I am including all types of mint such as peppermint and spearmint which are all of the same family.) Antioxidant, allergies, colds , indigestion, gas, IBS, ulcers, pain relief, bites, rashes, skin problems , oral health, nausea, morning sickness, depression, fatigue, headache, asthma, memory loss, respiratory disorders, coughs, reduces nipple cracks and pain caused by breastfeeding, energy boost, pimples, can prevent and treat cancer, induces sweating during a fever, rheumatism, improves brain activity, lice and parasites, MRSA, anti-fungal ,protects liver, relaxes smooth muscles, relaxes nerves, improves circulation, inflammation, cramps, heartburn, stomach aches . Warning: take only in small doses, do not use on infant's face, avoid if GERD is suspected
86. Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum/zeylanicun): Bark. Tea, oil, tincture, essential oil. Athlete's foot, ringworm, candida/yeast, H. Pylori, energy boost, cold hands/feet, arthritis, aphrodisiac, diabetes, digestion, kidney infection, hypertension, circulation, flu, oral health, insect repellent, nausea, heartburn, bloating, gas, gastrointestinal problems, urinary infections (including E. coli), head lice, relieves pain, aching muscles, stimulate appetite, morning sickness, memory, health tonic, blood purifier, healing, stops bleeding, respiratory, menstruation, stimulates breast milk, infant diarrhea, anti-viral, anti-depressant, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, anti-bacterial, anti-spasmodic, antioxidant, anti-cancer. Warning: Avoid during pregnancy, essential oil should be used externally in a carrier oil, not directly on the skin
87. Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis): Leaves, flowers. Tea, essential oil. Calms mind, helps restful sleep, alertness, mood, younger skin/wrinkles, memory, brain power, antioxidant, supports liver, normalizes blood sugar, protects cells from free radicals, calms heart, soothe tension, wounds , toothaches, skin eruptions, dog bites, bronchial inflammation, earache, fever, flatulence, headaches, high blood pressure, flu, palpitations, vomiting, menstrual cramps, PMS, muscle relaxer, nausea, herpes, reduces stress, thyroid, chronic fatigue syndrome, alzheimer's , dementia, anti-viral, anti-depressant, anti-spasmodic ,
88. Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata): Leaves, flowers. Tea, infusion, tincture. Wounds, earaches, liver, anxiety, sleep, stomach, hot flashes, depression, skin irritations, burns, menopause, ADHD, seizures, high blood pressure, asthma, hemorrhoids, restlessness, Warning: Because of it's calming effect, do not mix with sedatives or blood thinners
89. Squaw Vine (Mitchella rapens): Vine . Tea, tincture. Female troubles, childbirth (labor, delivery, expulsion of afterbirth, safe and easier birth if taken weeks before birth, stimulates and tones the uterus, muscles and contractions), menstrual cramps, relieves gynecological ailments, soothes mucous membranes, reduces excess mucous, diarrhea, colitis, calms nerves and nervous system, reduces swelling (edema) by increasing urine flow , eases sore breasts from breastfeeding, skin, kidney stones, Warning: not to be taken in pregnancy except the last 6 weeks before birth
90. Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra): Root, leaves. Tea, infusion, decoction, tincture. Anti-depressant, ulcers, lowers stomach acid, relieves heartburn, indigestion, mild laxative, supports immune system, constipation , cancer treatment, tooth decay, eczema, skin, inflammation, irritation, and spasm of digestive tract, liver, increases bile, lowers cholesterol, boots immune system, antioxidants, menopause, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, flu, relieves pain, physical and emotional stress, hay fever, asthma, congestion, coughing, relieves inflammation of mucous membranes, loosens mucus, relaxes bronchial spasms, sore throat, chest infections, increases energy, eases symptoms of Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromylagia, hepatitis, PMS, menstrual problems, heart disease, leaky gut remedy, adrenal fatigue, nausea, Warning: Do not overdose or take for too long. Do not take if pregnant or breastfeeding
91. Wood Betony (Stachys officinalis)(betonica): Leaves, root. Tea, poultice, infusion, tincture. Good used in combination with other herbs. Head ailments, headache, hangovers, migraines, toothaches, sleep trouble, diarrhea, menstrual problems, mouth, throat irritations, PMS, bronchitis, asthma, kidney stones,, calms sexual energy, purifies body, stimulates digestion, peaceful sleep, facial pain, wounds, bruises, mouth ulcers, gum inflammation, liver function, memory, concentration, depression, congestion, nosebleeds, rheumatism, skin conditions, lowers blood pressure, anxiety, Warning: Use in small doses , do not use during pregnancy
92. Hops (Humulus lupulus): Cone and grains of flower. Tea, infusion, poultice, tincture, sleep pillow. Relaxation, sleep, anti-inflammatory, estrogenic, antioxidant, anti-tumor, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-cancer, HIV, acne, weight loss, cardiovascular disease, chronic liver disease, stimulate digestion, anti-anxiety, insomnia, toothache, earache, nervousness, blood cleanser, bruises, neuralgic and rheumatic pains
93. Majoram (Origanum majorana): Leaves. Essential oil, tea, infusion, oil, . Increases digestive enzymes and saliva for more efficient digestion, calms stomach , improves appetite, relieves nausea, flatulence, intestinal infections, stomach cramps/spasms, diarrhea, constipation, anti-septic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, food poisoning, tetanous in wounds, typhoid, malaria, flu, colds, mumps, measles, blood pressure, circulation, cholesterol, asthma, muscle pain/spasms, migraines, fever, body/back aches, joint pain, sprains, toothaches, insomnia, stress, anxiety, emotions, control of sexual desire, anti-depressant, reduces phlegm, PMS, menstrual cycle, bruises,
94. Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Seeds. Poultice, tincture, food. Inflammation, improves sex and reproductive function, nutrition for babies, anti-mictobial, anti-oxicdant, anti-diabetic, anti-tumor, improves digestion, upset stomach, constipation, inflammation of stomach, lowers cholesterol, mouth ulcers, boils, bronchitis, skin infections, tuberculosis, chronic cough, cancer, kidney ailments, diabetes, arthritis, erectile dysfunction, baldness libido, impotence, increases milk flow in breastfeeding, pain, swelling in muscles and lymph nodes, gout, leg ulcers, sciatica, dandruff, eczema, eating disorders, improves exercise performance ,
95. Chicory (Cichorium intybus): Leaves, buds, roots. Coffee substitute, food, tincture, tonic, poultice, Bach Flower. Digestive problems, arthritis pains, detoxifies liver ,gallbladder and blood, boosts immune system, reduce heart disease, anti-bacterial, sedative, anxiety, stress, kidney stones, weight loss, cancer prevention, increases bile, anti-oxidant, constipation, , anti-fungal, intestinal worms, sinus, cuts, bruises, increases absorption of minerals, anti-inflammatory, heartburn, acid reflux, lowers cholesterol, Warning: Not to be taken in excess when pregnant, may cause miscarriage or if a person has gallstones,
96. Boneset/Feverwort (Eupatorium perfoliatum): Leaves, flowers. Poultice, infusion, tonic, tea, tincture. Flu, bronchitis, broken bones, fever, colds, malaria, joint aches, headaches, weakness, skin rashes, stomach, liver, bowel, uterus, indigestion, catarrh, snakebites, pneumonia, typhoid, female disorders, bladder problems, promotes sweating, laxative, gout rheumatism, reduces inflammation, muscle cramps, stuffy nose, sore throat, relaxes blood vessels, spasms, cystitis, sprains, bruises, stimulates immune system, Warning: Avoid if known allergies, not to taken in excessive amounts, not to be taken for long periods of time
97. Pine (Pinus): Needles, inner bark, cones, pollen, resin. Food, tea, bath, tincture, oil, essential oil. Anti-oxidant, immune system, eye health, anti-pathogen, skin health, hair loss, dandruff, improves blood circulation, wounds, respiratory health, eliminates excess mucus, asthma, increases red blood cells production, energy, anemia, muscle soreness, sore throats, kidneys, splinters insect repellant, libido, balances hormone levels, antimicrobial, antiseptic, anti-fungal, anti-neuralgic, anti-rheumatic, healthy metabolism, eliminate excess water uric acid, salt and fat through urination, free radicals, urinary tract infection, cuts, lice, stress, abscesses Warning: Avoid during pregnancy
98. Angelica (Angelica archangelica): Leaves, flowers, stems, seeds, root. Tea, compress, eyewash, bath, tincture, essential oil . Tonic, digestive aid, anemia bronchitis, chest complaints, skin, nerves, gout , anti-bacterial, rheumatism, treat alcoholism, intestinal infections, soothe colic, gas, Buerger's disease, cancer, high fever, colds, UTI, dyspeptic complaints, Warning: Some species are poisonous, make sure you know which to harvest or buy from trusted source. Fresh plant may cause allergy in some people. Root needs to be dried, not fresh before use. Use root in small doses. Avoid when pregnant or nursing. Do not give to children under 2. Avoid if stomach/intestinal ulcers, diabetes.
99. Saw Palmetto (Serenoa serulata): Berries, Prostate, prostate cancer, kidney stones, urinary organs, boosts muscle mass, hair loss, urinary tract, coughs, colds, asthma, brochitis, migraine headaches, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, increase urine flow, relaxing, enhances sexual drive, strengthens immune system, impotence, strengthens thyroid, helps nutrient absorption, Warning: may interact with blood thinners or prostate medication
100. Bitter Melon (Momordica charantia): Fruit. Food, tea, tincture, juice. Diabetes, kidney stones, lower cholesterol, pancreatic cancer, blood sugar levels, cramps, fluid retention, malaria,rheumatoid arthritis, heart disease, liver tonic, IBS, helps digestion of carbohydrates, boosts immunity, Vit K, respiratory infections, coughs, upset stomach, skin wounds, inflammation, abdominal pain, fevers, menstrual irregularities, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti=parasitic, HIV/AIDS, malaria, gout, jaundice, colon, breast, or prostate cancers, blood purifying, skin health, acne, psoriasis eczema, weight loss, Warning: Do not take if you have liver disease, cirrhosis or history of hepatitis, or HIV/AIDS. Possible allergic reaction, called favism. Avoid if pregnant, do not give to children, does not mix with other medications.
101. Schisandra (Schisandra chinensis): Berries. Tea, tincture, tonic, wine. Improves liver function, adrenal fatigue, free radical damage, anti-inflammatory, slows atherosclerosis, balances blood sugar, diabetes, cancer, adaptogenic, digestive health, immune boosting, gastrointestinal disorders, improves circulation, protects skin, improves mental performance, fertility, hormonal health, sexual function,
102. Pau d' Arco (Tabebuia avellanedae) : Inner bark. Tea, tincture . Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-tumor, anti-viral, anti-parasitic, purifies blood, skin diseases, flu, herpes, hepatitis, allergies, asthma, leukemia, anemia, cancer, increases red blood cells, bronchitis, Parkinson's, Hodgkin's, colitis, arteriosclerosis, lupus, prostates, dysentery, urinary tract, respiratory problems, ringworm, bronchitis , malaria, arthritis, snakebites, poor circulation, boils, syphilis, rheumatism, ulcers, yeast infection, Candida, wounds, eczema, athlete's foot, tumors, AIDS, warts, lung, stomach, liver disease, infections, constipation, gastrointestinal, psoriasis, fever, colds
103. Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica): Leaves. Oil, food, tea, poultice. Healing wounds, skin, wrinkles, scars, slows aging, memory and brain function, nervous disorders, respiratory issues, reduce toxicity, protect heart, circulatory system , gastrointestinal system, gastric ulcers, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, treat severe stomach pain , increases oxygenation in body, stimulates blood flow, anxiety, detoxifies body, increases urination, kidneys, blood pressure, sleep, epilepsy, libido, adaptogen, mind/body/spirit, Warning: If there is an allergic reaction, stop taking
104. Ginkgo Biloba (Salisburia adiantifolia): Leaf. Tea. Mood, memory, brain function, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, increases red blood cells, boosts circulation, asthma, ADHD, mitochondrial damage, oxidative stress, blood vessels , detoxifying, boosts immune system, focus, Azheimer's, headaches, mood, fatigue, anxiety, depression, nervousness, PMS, ringing in ears, dizziness, eye health, free radical damage, UV damage, libido, blood disorders, Warning: Should not be taken if bleeding disorders, epilepsy, seizures. Avoid if pregnant, nursing
105. Watercress (Nasturtium officianale) : Leaves, . Raw or cooked. Anti-cancer, antioxidant, protects against radiation and UV, anti-oxidants, prevents disease, colds, flu, immune system, eyes, bones, teeth, corrects DNA damage caused by free radicals, anti-tumor, supports thyroid, anti-depressant, prevents stroke Warning: Because it grows in water, it needs to be washed and soaked for 1/2 hour to remove any impurities or parasites or pollutants
106. Hemp (Cannabis sativa): Seeds, oil. Omega 3,6, hormones, skin, hair, nails, antioxidants, reduces nausea and vomiting, controls seizures, fights psychotic/neurological/ degenerative disorders, anti-tumor, anti-cancer, controls depression and anxiety, heart disease, lowers cholesterol , Alzheimer's,
107. Chlorella (Chlorella pyrenoidosa): Removes heavy metals, detoxification, immune support, increase energy, Vit k, focus, improves digestion, concentration, repair tissues, blood pressure, balances pH, prevents cancer, bad breath Warning: Those with iodine sensativites should avoid
108. Spirulina (Arthrospira platensis/maxima): Heavy metal detox (arsenic), Candida, anti-microbial, promotes healthy gut flora, HIV/AIDS, prevents cancer, lowers blood pressure, reduces cholesterol, stroke, boosts energy, weight loss, sinus issues, antioxidant, iodine source, protein, brain food, anti-inflammatory, free radical, anti-tumor, oral cancer, anemia, muscle strength and endurance, blood sugar,
109. Prickly Ash (Zanthoxylum americanum): Bark, berries. Tea, infusion, tincture. Nausea, parasites, worms, anti-cancer, stimulates saliva flow, upset stomach, sore throats, aching muscles, skin infections, healthy blood flow, circulation, healthy joints, lymph, wounds, toothache, Warning: Do not use if nursing or pregnant, if there is severe inflammation of digestive system or ulcers
110. Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium): Leaves, flowers, stems. Capsules, tea ,tincture. Tincture,Migraines, headaches, arthritis, fevers, muscle tension, pain, lowers blood pressure, stomach irritation, stimulates appetite, digestion, kidney function, colitis, dizziness, tinnitus, menstrual problems, anti-inflammatory, arthritis, fever, dermatitis, rosacea, rash, cancer, prevents blood clots, worms, childbirth, psoriasis, nausea, vomiting, toothaches, insect bites, infertility, Warning: Do not use if pregnant or nursing, do not give to children. Possible allergic reaction, fresh leaves or tea may cause mouth ulcers.