The more I learn and use herbs and clay, the more impressed I am with their ability to heal. It seems quite strange to use weeds that most people are spraying and digging up because they think of them as a nuisance. Or mud that seems dead or messy. But each one has very special properties that trigger specific positive reactions in the body that can heal in a very short time.
Each weed has it's own magical properties just as each clay has it's own healing minerals and trace minerals. Using them on myself and my family I have seen the various ways in which they help us.
Sores, bruises, digestion, skin disorders, internal disorders, organs, blood, muscles, lymph , removing toxins ,etc etc. All can be cured by helping our body with these amazing tools.
Examples include: Milk Thistle, Dandelion, Calendula, and Stinging Nettle to name but a few.
Back in history, many women and men in different places and cultures around the world knew of these herbs and clays . Unfortunately as modern man "progressed" most of us have lost touch with this knowledge. But there are still those who use the herbs and clays to heal others and pass on their knowledge to us. Many books have been written. All we have to do is read them or take an herb walk with someone knowledgeable in local wild plants. As it is, we need herbs and clays to return to the health we once had. So many people are sick and modern medicine is always telling us we need synthetic drugs or big machines to heal us. The truth is that our bodies are able to self heal. They just need to be given the right tools to do so. Healthy whole foods, herbs, clay, sunlight, excercise , detox in various forms, and positive thoughts. It is said God provides the cure before he makes the disease. This means, if we look to nature, we'll find the answer was always there.
This is a small list that I made for myself to have on hand. For dosages and more specific uses, read books and talk to an herbalist. I've chosen these from my favorite books and from my experience with many of them. This is not all there is. There are so many herbs out there, but I have chosen my favorites. This is just a reminder that these things are out there and close at hand. Many times for free!
1. Mallow (Marshmallow) (Malva): Root and leaves. Infusion, tea, foot bath, poultice. Inflammation of mucous membranes, allergies, wounds, larynx disorders
2. Shepherd's Purse( Capsella bursa-pastoris): Infusion, Bath, tincture. Stops bleeding from wounds, hemorrhoids, kidneys, uterus etc. muscular atrophy including sphincters, prolapses
3. Yarrow (Achillea millefolium): Tea, tincture, bath , ointment. For women. Menopause, menstruation, abdominal disorders of all kinds, bedwetting, lung disorders, blood cleansing/renewal, bone marrow disorders, head congestion
4. Olive leaf (Olea europaea): Leaves , bark. Tincture, tea, oil, dried. Increased Energy, blood pressure, boots immune system, cardiovascular, lowers fevers, colds, flu, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasite, candida infections, meningitis, Epstein-Barr virus, herpes, HIV, chronic fatigue, hepatitis B pneumonia, tuberclosis, gonorrhea, malaria, diarrhea, dental, ear urinary tract and surgical infections, psoriasis, heart beat irregularities, diminished cravings, less pain from hemorrhoids, achy joints , prevents disease.
5. Eucalyptus (E. globulus): Leaves. Essential oil, tea, oil . Diuretic, anti-diabetic, anti-tumor, mucous congestion, bronchial, respiratory problems, colds, flu, bruises, sprains, muscular pains, wounds, aromatherapy, asthma, herpes blisters, insecticide, anti-bacterial, oral health, relaxes muscles and spasms, reduces inflammation, increases blood flow, lowers blood sugar, supports immune system.
6. Wild mustard (Sinapis arvensis): Seeds, leaves. Poultice, tea, oil. Skin, increases blood circulation, opens blood vessels to draw out toxins, increases appetite, digestive weakness, strengthens metabolism, helps rheumatic neuralgic pain, chest colds, headaches, clears sinuses through inhalation,
7. Moringa (M. oleifera): Tea, oil .Leaves, flowers, seeds. Prevents disease, anti-inflammatory , skin, digestive disorders, packed with nutrients, free radicals, antioxidants, diabetes, lowers blood sugar, cholesterol, heart and artery healthy, brain, liver, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, wounds, clots, headaches, kidney stones, allergies, joint pain, cancer, ulcers, thyroid, sex drive, parasites
8. Chrysanthemum (Dendranthema grandiflora): Tea. flowers, leaves. Increases immunity power, teeth, bones, eyes, hearth, blood pressure, gums, headache, skin, liver, detoxifying, nerves, brain, respiratory, digestion
9. Ginseng: Root (Panax): Stress, boosts immune system, anti-oxidant, anti- inflammatory, heart, mental health, diabetes, cancer, calms, colds, ADHD, neurodegenerative diseases (Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Huntington's ,multiple sclerosis), erectile dysfunction, menopause
10. Ginger (Zingiber officinale): Root. Tea, juice. Nausea, indigestion , chills, colds, poor circulation , menstrual cramps, bloating, gastrointestinal problems, circulation, blood pressure, blood thinner, anti-inflammatory, joints, arthritis, fevers, headaches, toothaches, coughs, cholesterol, anti-blood clotting ,liver, cancer , lymph, detoxifying, constipation
11. Ramsons (Allium ursinum): Fresh juice, Syrup, tincture. Similar to garlic. Cleans system, skin disorders, memory, clearing arteries, diarrhea, flatulence, constipation, worms, heart, sleeplessness, high blood pressure, anxiety, headaches, dizziness, phlegm, shortness of breath, dropsy, consumption, cleanses kidney, stomach, bladder, wounds, intestines, cleanses blood, herpes, eczema, scrofula, rheumatism
12. Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale): Leaves, root. Tea, Infusion, tincture. Liver , gallbladder disorders, purifies the blood, eczema, skin , immune and lymphatic systems, infections, fever, anti-cancer, swollen lymph glands, high blood pressure, cholesterol, strengthens digestive system, skin,
13. Calendula (C.officinalis): Infusion, baths, tincture, ointment. Cancer, growths, ulcers, scars, bruises, athlete's foot, wounds, circulation, fungus, scabs, warts, worms, liver , cleanses the blood,
14. Cowslip (Primula officinalis): Leaves, Roots. Tea, infusion. Nervous disorder, insomnia, heart, nerves, blood cleansing, gout , rheumatic illnesses, migraine headaches, heart inflammation, dropsy, stroke, kidneys, bladder stones,
15. Chickweed (Stellaria media): Tincture, infusion, bath, Poultice, ointment, Salad. Infections, wounds (internal and external), cuts, sores, rashes, trauma, inflammation, swelling, thyroid balancer, neutralizes toxins, dissolves warts/ growths/ cysts, helps absorption of vitamins and minerals
16. Speedwell (Veronica officinalis): Infusion, tincture, juice, tea. High cholesterol, cleanses blood, eczema, stomach and intestinal disorders, bronchitis, nervousness, mental over exertion, memory, dizziness, weak nerves, depression, Jaundice, gravel in the bladder, rheumatism, gout, liver and spleen disorders, skin, eczema, inflamed non-healing wounds, clogged arteries, purifies blood
17. Comfrey leaves/Root (Symphytom officinale): Leaf or root tea, bath ,Infusion, Root tincture, ointment. Swelling of joints, sprain, shock, heals bones: injuries, breaks, painful, stomach ulcers
18. Common Club Moss (Lycopodium clavatum): Infusion, pillow, tea, bath. Gout, rheumatism, joints, constipation, urinary and reproductive complaints and inflammation , hardening of the liver, shortness of breath, cramps , high blood pressure, sores. bedsores
19. Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica) : Tea, bath, tincture. Eczema, headaches, blood cleansing/building, helps with elimination, kidneys/ stomach/ lung/ spleen/ intestinal disorders
20. Yellow Dead Nettle (Lamium galeobdolon): Infusion, compress, bath, tea. Leaves and flowers. Abdominal complaints, female troubles, cleanses blood, sleeplessness, bladder, kidney, heart fluid retention, digestive troubles, scrofula, skin rashes, ulcers, varicose veins
21. Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria): Tea, bath , infusion or ointment for Inflammation of throat and mouth, spleen or liver disorders, wounds, sores, varicose veins, heart, stomach, lungs, kidney, bladder
22. Lavender (Lavendula): Flowers, leaves. Tea, essential oil, tincture. Relieves anxiety and stress, insomnia, anti-inflammatory, skin care, antiseptic, hair health, anti-bacterial, digestive and heart issues, burns, wounds, acne, slows aging, headaches, balances blood sugar, anti-oxidant, improves mood, supports brain, dandruff, bloating
23. Horsetail (Equisetum arvense): Infusion, bath, tincture, compress. Kidney disorders, bedwetting, inflammation of mucous membranes, sweaty feet, dandruff, stops bleeding, hemorrhoids, tumors, stomach/ liver/ heart pains
24. Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmus rubra): Tea, tincture, poultice, infusion. Digestion, IBS, weight loss, stess, breast cancer, psoriasis, colds, mouth, throat, sore eyes, wounds,
25. St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum): Oil, infusion, bath, tincture. Stems, leaves, flowers. Wounds, pain, anti-inflammatory, keeps animals disease free, injuries, nervousness, nerves, sleeplessness, speech disorders, bedwetting, depression, menstruation , contusions, glandular swellings, lumbago, sore backs, burns, rheumatism, sunburn, abdominal pain, lymph,
26. Coltsfoot (Tussilago farfara): Infusion, poultice, foot bath, inhalation, syrup, fresh juice. Leaves, flowers. Anti-inflammatory, bronchitis, lungs, cough, pneumonia, bruises, sores, shortness of breath, swollen feet, asthma, earache,
27. Helichrysum (Helichrysum): Oil, essential oil, ointment. flowers and leaves. Trauma, scars, asthma, bruises, skin, liver, metabolism, inflammation, anti-oxidant, free radical , heals wounds, infections, heart health, respiratory problems, nervous and digestive problems, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, cough, acne, allergies, constipation, indigestion, gallbladder, candida, insomnia, stomachaches, bloating, high blood pressure, hemorrhoids, relieves pain, calming
28. Golden Rod (Solidago virgaurea): Infusion, tea. Flowers, leaves. Intestinal bleeding, kidneys, bladder, cooling, calming, soothing effect, emotional shock and stress,
29. Aloe Vera (A. vera): Gel. Mouth, gums, skin, face, pain reliever, breast cancer, sunburn, burns, wounds (inside and out), alkalinity, prevents dehydration and constipation, detoxifying, maintains healthy gut flora, full of nutrients, B12, heartburn, regulates intestinal disorders, beauty, antiseptic, insect bites/stings, rashes, warts, hair, lower blood sugar
30. Oats/Oatstraw (Avena sativa): Bath, Infusion, tincture, Food. Sexual tonic, restores, clears, strengthens, nourishes bodily functions, adrenals, hair, skin, energy, pains, distress, irritations
31. Violet (Viola): Root , flowers and leaves. Root and leaf poultice, tincture. Leaves and Blossoms for tea and infusion and salad. Blossoms for lotion. Breasts, cancer of organs, nourishment, calms the head for headache, restlessness, hangover., congestion, inflamed throat, breathing, wounds, burns, broken bones, and mouth sores
.32. Calamus/Sweet flag (Acorus calamus): Infusion, tea, fresh juice, bath. Roots. Digestive / gastro-intestinal system, dispels mucus, flatulence, helps indigestibility of grain, cleanses, helps smokers break the habit, kidney disorders, chilblains, cold hands and feet, balances acid in the stomach, intestinal ulcers, diarrhea, 33. Thyme (Thymus serpyllum): Infusion, bath, tea, tincture, oil, pillow, syrup. Leaves. Urine, menstruation, miscarriages, birth, paralysis, nervous complaints, coffee replacement, facial neuralgia, typhoid fever, stroke, multiple sclerosis, muscular atrophy, rheumatism, sprains, stomach, abdominal cramps, swellings, contusions , respiratory, lungs, coughing, pneumonia, bronchitis, emphysema, strengthens limbs, nervousness, depression, alcoholism, epileptic fits,
34. Oregano (Origanum vulgare): Oil, essential oil, food. Leaves. Anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal. respiratory, colds, reduces toxins, anti-oxidants, fights cancer, phlegm, acne, muscle pain, toothache, headaches, heart, allergies, parasites, fatigue, repels insects, menstrual cramps, earache, bloating, dandruff, athlete's foot, kills MRSA
35. Greater Celandine (Chelidonium majus): Infusion, fresh juice, tincture. Leaves, stems, flowers. Stimulates and purifies blood, liver, gallbladder, kidney, Jaundice, hemorrhoids, warts, herpes, cataracts, skin growths, skin cancer, eyesight,
36. Corn Silk (Zea mays): Tea, infusion. Diuretic, weight-reducer, stones, fluid in heart, swelling, rheumatism renal colic, gout
37. Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum): Ground or soaked Seeds, Tea. Liver, detoxifying, cell regenerating, digestive function, enzyme formation, bile production, inflammation, mucous membranes, free radicals, antioxidants, heavy metals, high cholesterol, diabetes, gallbladder and kidney stones, skin.
38. Rosemary (Rosmarinus officnalis): Leaves. Oil, essential oil, . Anti-aging, memory, blood circulation, breath, mood, stress, bowel movements, headaches, stomach, pain relief, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, organs, skin, bones, eyes, prevents lung and mouth cancers,
39. Camomile (Matricaria chamomilla): Tea, infusion, bath, ointment. Stomach or intestinal disorders, flatulence, abdominal disorders, inflammation of testicles, toothache ,inflamed eyes, nervous system, fever reducing, colds, headaches
40. Plantain (Plantago lanceolata): Syrup, tea, poultice, infusion. Leaves, roots, flowers, seeds. Respiratory organs, phlegm in the lungs, cleanses the blood, weak lungs, kidneys, eczema, herpes, coughs, weak children, asthma, liver and bladder disorders, stones, wounds, cuts, wounds, stings, bites, goitre, blisters , growths, glandular disorders, thrombosis
41. Walnut (Juglans regia): Infusion, bath tincture. Leaves, unripe nuts, hulls. Cleanses blood, liver and stomach, blood thinner, diabetes, intestinal disorders, constipation, finger and toe nails, scrofula, bone swellings, cradle cap, scabs, acne, eczema, sweaty feet, childblains, hair loss, head lice, repels insects,
42. Wood Sorrel (Oxalis acetosella): Infusion, tea, fresh juice .Leaves, flowers. Relieves stomach, liver and heartburn, Jaundice, eczema, worms, nephritis, early stage stomach cancer, ulcers and growths( internal and external), Parkinson's Disease
43. Sage (Salvia officinalis): Infusion, Bath, Vinegar. Strengthens the body to prevent stroke and paralysis, cramps, spinal/ glandular/limb disorders, healthy teeth and gums , flatulence and phlegm, insect stings, mouth and throat
44. Golden Seal (Hydrastis canadensis): Root. Tea, tincture, infusion. Digestive, encourages bile secretion, SIBO, diarrhea, constipation, hemorrhoids, intestinal gas, inhibits H.pylori, ulcers, stomach cancer, natural antibiotic, boots immune system, allergies, colds, flu, boots white blood cells, bronchitis, urinary tract infections, heart health, eye, mouth and skin infections, respiratory infections , allergies, cancer, anti-bacterial, paired with echinacea
45. Echinacea (Echinacea): Flowers, leaves, roots. Cancer, colds, boosts the immune system, relieves pain, laxative, anti-inflammatory, ADHD, 46. Ashwaganda (Withania somnifera): Leaves, Root. Poultice, Stress, fatigue, lack of energy, concentration, blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, anti-inflammatory, sexual potency, thyroid, prevent cancer, adrenal, boost immunity , balances hormones, mood enhancing, menopause, memory, wounds, sores
47. Red Clover (Trifolium pratense): Menopause, breast health, PMS, cholesterol, circulation of blood, prevents osteoporosis, blood clots, arterial plaque, prostate, helpful in quitting smoking
48. Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare): Bulbs, stalk, leaves, seeds . Tea, poultice, food, essential oil. Anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, antioxidant, immune support, prevents arthritis, supports heart and colon health, lowers blood pressure, congestion, increases breast milk, snake bites, food poisoning, sore throat, zaps free radicals, helps with digestion, stomach relief
49. Catnip (Nepeta cataria): Leaves, flowers. Tea, juice, infusion. Gentle for children, stomach aches, headaches, sleeplessness, nervousness, supports menstrual cycle, pain, relaxes, bruises, supports healthy skin, strengthens, insect repellant
50. Tumeric (Curcuma longa): Root. Detoxification, kidney, brain, blood sugar balance, arthritis, anti-inflammatory, prevent c